Re: Coloured diacritics

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 15:08:06 EST

    On 2003.12.09, 11:25, Peter Kirk <peterkirk@qaya.org> wrote:

    > Philippe, you have now stated this (several times). But just a day
    > earlier you yourself stated that the rule forbidding combining marks
    > at the start of a string would never be relaxed because it is
    > fundamental to the XML containment model.

    Well, but what if a "string" is intended to be the text enclosed by a
    DIV object (or any other block level object) and therefore any SPAN
    tag (or any other inline level object) is treated by the relevant
    process as just an invisible, ignorable entity?

    This makes intuitive sense to me...

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    Rua Alberto Bramão, 8-1º d.to |
    PT-1700-132 LISBOA Não me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 934 821 700 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ só me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a água em todas as fontes |