Re: Glagolitic in Unicode 4.1

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 21:02:21 CDT

    Страхиња Радић <vilinkamen at mail dot ru> wrote:

    > Croatian lack of ``yeriy''. Croatian names of characters. Lack of Old
    > Slavic names for some characters. Lack of Old Slavic presence of
    ``yeriy''.
    > And it is really a subset, lacking ``yeriy''.
    > By the lack of ``yeriy''.
    > The lack of ``yeriy''.

    I'm glad that the lack of a GLAGOLITIC LETTER YERIY seems to be 90% of
    Strahinya's objection to the Glagolitic encoding. I had thought his
    opposition ran much deeper than that.

    If he can put together a decent proposal for this letter, including some
    examples that clearly show its identity as a single letter, I'm sure it
    would be considered on its merits.

    --
    Doug Ewell
    Fullerton, California