Re: Arabic encoding model (alas, static!)

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu Jul 07 2005 - 01:51:43 CDT

    asadek@st-elias.com wrote:

    >>If rendering presented insuperable
    >>practical issues, rather than theoretical issues, that would be an
    >>adequate reason for abandoning the idea.

    > Just as it is practically impossible to display an infinite number of
    > combining diacritics on Latin letters?

    One eventually runs out of space on the paper, but other than this, I don't see a problem
    displaying a large number of combining diacritics on Latin letters, at least from a font
    perspective. The key is that one is not, in fact, applying all the marks to the letter,
    but applying marks one to each other in chains.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC        tiro@tiro.com