Re: CLDR

From: Mark Davis (mark.davis@icu-project.org)
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 10:52:45 CST

    CLDR does not supply the algorithms for calendars, simply the data
    needed to format/parse dates and times using that calendar. Thus the
    definition of an additional calendar involves:

    - defining a new keyword (name) for that calendar, with a brief textual
    description -- just enough to distinguish it from others and references.
    That gets added to the spec and to
    http://unicode.org/cldr/data/common/supplemental/supplementalMetadata.xml.
    (Best if there are references to a widely available source such as
    Calendrical Calculations.)

    - if there are named eras, supplying the "root" names
    (http://unicode.org/cldr/data/common/main/root.xml)

    For an example, search in both of those xml files for "japanese".

    A proposal should be filed as a bug at
    http://www.unicode.org/cldr/filing_bug_reports.html