Re: PRI#86 Update

From: SADAHIRO Tomoyuki (bqw10602@nifty.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 09:46:55 CDT

    Hello.

    I did feedback about this through http://www.unicode.org/reporting.html
    but is it better to talk here too?

    Self introduction: I have an implementation of UAX#15
    in the perl language
    (cf. http://search.cpan.org/search?module=Unicode::Normalize)

    > Re: http://www.unicode.org/review/#pri86
    >
    > There is additional informative text in UAX #15: Normalization Forms
    > based on text contributed by Ken Whistler, at
    >
    > http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr15/tr15-26.html#Forbidding_Characters.
    > Feedback is welcome.
    >
    > Mark

    Is a process which adopts this alternative approach to forbid
    some characters still conformant with UAX#15?

    I think no; this alternative approach breaks UAX15-C3,
    as the conformance test includes the corrected mappings.

    Then, how can the alternative approach, being inconformant,
    contribute to the stability of Normalized Forms?

    I assume noway; the forbidding just makes another result
    that is different from that out of a conformant process.

    Regards,
    SADAHIRO Tomoyuki