U+0345 COMBINING GREEK YPOGEGRAMMENI not usable in other scripts as "hook below"?

From: Karl Pentzlin (karl-pentzlin@acssoft.de)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 07:45:36 CDT

    When looking at some German dialect writing systems which use a
    diacritic very similar to the Greek iota subscript, I had the idea
    that U+0345 COMBINING GREEK YPOGEGRAMMENI could fit for that use.

    But I suspect that for its casing properties, this is not possible.
    Of course, an a or e with hook below shall uppercase to an A or E
    with hook below, not to an A or E with anything adscripted.

    Is my assumption correct?

    - Karl Pentzlin