Re: U+0345 COMBINING GREEK YPOGEGRAMMENI not usable in other scripts as "hook below"?

From: Alexej Kryukov (akrioukov@newmail.ru)
Date: Sat Jun 17 2006 - 04:06:07 CDT

    On Friday 16 June 2006 16:45, Karl Pentzlin wrote:
    > When looking at some German dialect writing systems which use a
    > diacritic very similar to the Greek iota subscript, I had the idea
    > that U+0345 COMBINING GREEK YPOGEGRAMMENI could fit for that use.

    Remember that ypogegrammeni will not necessarily look like a hook:
    it may well have a symmetrical (drop-like) form. This is similar to
    the case of Greek perispomeni, which may look similar either to
    combining tilde or to combining inverted breve and thus cannot be
    unified with any of them.

    --
    Regards,
    Alexej Kryukov <akrioukov at newmail dot ru>