Re: References on Perl & Unicode

From: SADAHIRO Tomoyuki (bqw10602@nifty.com)
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 23:13:09 CDT

    On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 02:49:40 +0200, Tommy Nordgren wrote

    > Any good references on using perl with Unicode?
    > I want to locate a good reference text on reading and writing Unicode
    > with the Perl scripting language.
    > Neither 'Programming Perl' , 'Perl Cookbook' nor 'Unicode - a Primer'
    > provides info on Perl 5.8.x
    > -------------------------------------
    > This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
    > Tommy Nordgren
    > tommy.nordgren@chello.se

    How about perlunicode.pod, perluniintro.pod, and perlunitut.pod?
       (uni-intro = unicode introduction, uni-tut = unicode tutorial)
    The last one (perlunitut) was contributed very recently and has not been
    released in any 5.8.x distribution yet.

    Where these are available from are:
     perlunicode and perluniintro in perl 5.8.8
      http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/pod/perlunicode.pod
      http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.8/pod/perluniintro.pod

     perlunicode, perluniintro, and perlunitut in developers' repository
      http://public.activestate.com/pub/apc/perl-current/pod/perlunicode.pod
      http://public.activestate.com/pub/apc/perl-current/pod/perluniintro.pod
      http://public.activestate.com/pub/apc/perl-current/pod/perlunitut.pod

    Regards,