Finnegans Wake, was Re: comment on L2/06-215

From: Richard Cook (rscook@berkeley.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 25 2006 - 17:39:11 CDT

    On Jun 24, 2006, at 5:47 PM, Peter Constable wrote:

    > Regarding the name of the first of the three proposed letters,
    > shouldn’t that be TURNED E rather than INVERTED E?
    I don't know, but, what I want to know is, how much closer does this
    bring us to a Unicode _Finnegans Wake_? That book has a few variously
    rotated E's, the encoding status of which I've been vaguely thinking
    about checking.

    http://www.trentu.ca/jjoyce/

    But maybe Unicode's resident Irishman already knows the answer?