Re: kurdish sorani

From: Behnam Esfahbod (behnam@zwnj.org)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 11:00:41 CDT

    Hi Andries,

    Some features you need are font-level features. Take a look at how
    SIL International did them in Scheherazade and Lateef fonts:

    http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=ArabicFonts

    On the other hand, I got an email from Erdal Ronahi, who wants to
    write an XKB symbol file, which puts ARABIC HEH+ZWNJ with one key
    press, which is not the right way, as you may already put an SPACE
    after HEH, so the ZWNJ will be useless and makes the text hard to
    process, search, etc.

    Would you write more description about the usage of these characters
    please? May you have SPACE after Kurdish E? Do you have the SPACE
    all the time? etc...

    --
        '     بهنام اسفهبد
        '     Behnam Esfahbod