Re: Uppercase ß is coming? (U+1E9E)

From: Frank Ellermann (nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de)
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 12:17:52 CDT

    Michael Everson wrote:

    > Oh, Frank, get a grip. It's not fictitious. You just don't like it.

    Yeah, and I'd admit that the Strötzner GRO[SZ]BAUSTELLE samples are
    perfectly readable. I hate the side effects of its introduction as
    new character, not the design. For the BI Leipzig samples I'd be
    curious what professionals think about it, is it more like an icon
    than a character, new or otherwise ?

    >> toupper( ß ) = "uppercase ß".

    > The minority orthography would have to become an official majority
    > orthography for that to happen.

    It just needs one edition of Duden + Googlebot + MS spellchecker
    deciding that they have had enough of the strange SS rule and ignore
    it, and all old software is doomed, or drops szlig as hopeless case.

    Frank