Re: Devanagari composing help needed

From: Eric Muller (emuller@adobe.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2007 - 12:49:12 CDT

    I think that what Ambarish is telling is us is that what Unicode has
    described as RA_sub (see rule R6 in section 9.1), aka vattu in OpenType,
    should really considered as made of two parts, one stroke for RA and one
    stroke for a halant.

    In everything I have seen from Unicode and OpenType, vattu is viewed as
    an atomic object, and is graphically depicted as two connected strokes.
    Is it common to display a vattu as two disconnected strokes?

    Eric.