Entering Unicode

From: Ann-Marie (stenie@cox.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2008 - 13:58:49 CST

    I feel like an idiot, but I cannot figure out how to create a small
    letter e with macron.

    I've seen different codes: 112, 113 and 114. I could figure out which
    one will give me what I want, if I could end up with anything on the screen.

    I've read instructions that tell me to hold down Control-Shift and
    enter 112, 113 or 114. Nothing happens.

    Obviously, I've missed something. HELP!

    Ann-Marie