Re: Using combining diacritical marks and non-zero joiners in a name

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2008 - 09:42:14 CDT

    Hello Andreas Prilop,

    I had written:

    Andreas Prilop schrieb:
    > Everyone but you can see:
    > Internet Explorer À = À à = à
    > Firefox A` = À a` = à

    Apparently, you cannot judge my Firefox from yours ;-)
    Cf. attached screenshots (colours reduced to 4 bit, in
    order to save bandwidth). I have excluded IE6, because
    here it runs on a different system, and I have thrown in
    Opera 9.10, Build 8679, to complete the picture. Really,
    I cannot spot any difference, particularly not the mis-
    placed grave accent you are reporting, for Firefox.

    I guess, you will have to double-check your Firefox
    implementation.

    It would have helped much, if you had reported, in the 1st
    place, the differences you are seeing, rather than telling
    everybody to look on their respective screens.

    Thank you for your corrections w.r.t. IE’s font settings, and
    the difference between IE6’s and IE7’s handling of characters
    missing in the selected font.

    Best wishes,
       Otto Stolz

    Prilop-Opera.png