RE: Character list for European and Canadian use in the revised keyboard standard ISO/IEC 9995-3, supplementing MES-1

From: Kent Karlsson (kent.karlsson14@comhem.se)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2008 - 14:44:03 CDT

    Asmus Freytag wrote:

> [...]

    I agree that that suggestion is quite arcane.

    > level. Typing
    > < followed by = and having an IME sort out the desired style (with
    > on-screen correction) is going to be a lot more user-friendly
    > than using arcane key-combinations.

    But using altgr-'<' and altgr-'>' to generate suitable less-or-equal
    and greater-or-equal characters would not at all be arcane IMO. I
    think less-or-equal/greater-or-equal (whichever variant one chooses
    for a particular keyboard layout) are that important. Much more
    important on a keyboard than odd characters like AKTIESELSKAB and
    TIRONIAN SIGN ET... Using an IME for the less-or-equal/greater-or-
    equal would be technological overkill, I think.

            /kent k