Emoji: Public Review December 2008

From: Joó Ádám (ceriak@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 04:04:19 CST

> Is it possible to ask the Japanese cell-phone makers to query their
> databases of SMS and MMS messages that have been sent through their systems
> in the past N months or years, to find out which emoji have actually been
> used in these messages?

I was just about to say that. Only the fact that a set of symbols can
be applied does not mean that they are in real widespread use.
The question is whether we can trust the reports of the vendors.

Both traditional emoticons and MS wingdings are good points.

Regards,
Ádám

Ps.: Szabolcs, when do we start the work? :)