Re: Emoji: National Flag Symbols

From: Mark Davis (mark.edward.davis@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 22 2008 - 17:03:33 CST

What we concluded is that we would propose that the characters be allocated in a
block that had enough positions for the non-private use country codes
(that is 676
combinations - AA, ZZ, QM..QZ, XA..XZ).

Part of proposing characters is a willingness to step up to producing
the fonts for
representative glyphs for these. While that is not part of the emoji
proposal (there
is quite enough on that plate already), this would provide a framework
for others to
propose their own flag characters in this new block.

(Issue #14, Comment 5)

Mark