Re: [OT] New character request

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 11 2009 - 09:57:32 CST

    On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Kenneth Whistler <kenw@sybase.com> wrote:

    > Szabolcs said:
    >
    > > You can see that with the signage of Tiffany's in Vienna for example as
    > > well. They got all the illuminated letter N-s wrong! Well, I mean of
    > course
    > > the guys building the signage. Those letters are mistaken more
    > "sneakily"...
    > > they are not flipped, but rotated 180°, which makes them awkward to the
    > > typographically trained eye, but still N-shaped,...
    >
    > Visual aid, for those who prefer pictures to descriptions:

    Especially when the sentence turned out so awkward.

    > http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/80JIB3jGLB2zg_-QXbOY5w
    >
    > --Ken

    Indeed, I should have thought that such things make their way to the web.
    Graphic designers have a habit of carrying digital cameras around all the
    time... (Though that particular one seems to be a generic touristic
    picture). User generated content unlocks so many possibilities!

    /Szabolcs