Re: Latin-script keyboard layout (was RE: Quick Question About Korean Input Methods)

From: Marc Durdin (marc.durdin@tavultesoft.com)
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 23:57:07 CST

    Doug Ewell wrote:
    > I don't mean to cast any aspersions on Keyman, which I have heard for
    > many years is a fine product.
    >
    > By mentioning MSKLC, which is just the means to the end, what I meant to
    > say is that I can install the keyboard layout on basically any Windows
    > PC I may need to work on, without installing an additional executable
    > software package. And I can give it to others who also want to be able
    > to type "special characters" (I hate that term) without installing new
    > software.

    No offense taken (but thanks for the clarification), just wanted to understand your reasons. Similarly, I don't mean to cast aspersions on MSKLC -- it was written to allow people to design keyboards for the specific WinNT keyboard dll architecture and does a very nice job of that. Unfortunately that same architecture was designed many years ago and is simply inadequate for some languages -- and I think also for a "superlatin" keyboard :)

    Marc