Re: Quick Question About Korean Input Methods

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Fri Jan 08 2010 - 10:04:40 CST

    -On [20100108 16:14], Curtis Clark (jcclark-lists@earthlink.net) wrote:
    >I'll pass it on, but my expectation is that it is a non-issue, since the
    >first would be typed ᄀ ᅢ ᄋ ᅮ ᆯ and the second ᄀ ᅡ ᄋ ᅳ ᆯ (I had to
    >space between the jamos so Thunderbird wouldn't recombine them). What we
    >represent as "a", "ae", "eu", and "u" are distinct jamos.

    That's assuming a Korean keyboard layout?

    I thought, maybe mistakenly, that we were talking about Latinized input akin
    to what Japanese IMEs can do. In that case you cannot distinguish between
    gaeul and gaeul without a syllable marking mechanism.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    Whispering winds in moonlit wood, a totem oak once golden stood...