Re: Medievalist ligature character in the PUA

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 00:20:32 CST

    > Well I would hardly doubt the Fraktur will get a revival. Even
    > though everybody can read it (albeit slowly), in the worst case it
    > is associated with Nazis,

    You are aware that the Nazis have forbidden the use of Fraktur (in
    1941), calling them `Schwabacher Judenletter'? This is probably the
    main reason Fraktur is out of use today in Germany: After the war,
    most of the printing machines lacked Fraktur fonts, and this fact
    simply became the standard...

        Werner