Re: Radical index - probably off topic

From: jandersen@talentex.co.uk
Date: Sat Jan 30 2010 - 03:09:08 CST

    Ed Trager wrote:
    > A few years ago, when I first began experimenting with AJAX-based web
    > applications, I put together an online resource of my own which,
    > although certainly not as extensive as something like zdic.net,
    > nevertheless has served my own purposes fairly well. Click on
    > "部首输入表" and then just click on a radical:
    >
    > http://cicadadictionary.com/cidian/index.html
    >
    > (this latter resource requires a fully standards-compliant browser
    > like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera -- I've never bothered to make my
    > resource work in Internet Explorer).

    I like your website - I see that it several fonts that wasn't aware of.
    Now if only somebody would create a font with seal-script glyphs.

    > So, in reality quite a lot of options are available in traditional
    > paper media. If you don't have the chance to buy books over in East
    > Asia, try exploring book shops in the "China town" section of any
    > large city and you may be able to find something that fits the bill.

    Yes - I have several. The funny thing is, though, that the best one is
    one I bought 30 years ago - it is simply called "A Chinese-English
    Dictionary" published in 1979 by 商务印书馆, no ISBN.

    /jan