Re: Radical index - probably off topic

From: jandersen@talentex.co.uk
Date: Sat Jan 30 2010 - 02:55:46 CST

    Christoph Burgmer wrote:
    > In case you are not aware of it, there are several websites out there
    > dedicated to lookup by radical, while the ones I know cover the general case
    > of multiple radical lookup, e.g. <http://jisho.org/kanji/radicals/>.
    >
    > And depending on your platform there are (free) offline tools out there to help.

    I know - the thing is, I need to use it offline. For Linux there is
    Freedict, which is fine, but only if I read the text on screen.

    It would be great if one could download a dictionary for Freedict,
    indexed by radical; I think it should be able to handle it. Maybe I'll
    figure out how to make it myself from the Unihan data.

    /jan