Encoding unattested characters (was: Tifinagh - extension for complete common Berber alphabet isomorphic with Latin)

From: Frédéric Grosshans (frederic.grosshans@m4x.org)
Date: Wed Feb 17 2010 - 03:14:31 CST

    >>> On the contrary, Unicode has, on occasion, deliberately encoded
    >>> characters for which there was credible evidence of planned
    >>> widespread future use.
    >>
    >> Which ones, besides EURO SIGN?

    > There were a plethora of math characters:

    Under some circumstances, the future use doesn't need to be planned nor
    widespread :

    If I'm not mistaken, U+2C65 LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH STROKE (â±¥) and U
    +2C66 LATIN SMALL LETTER T WITH DIAGONAL STROKE (ⱦ) have been encoded
    only because of existing upper case and credible evidence of possible
    future use (see n2942).

    Pairing with another character can be seen as the main reason for U+2E18
    INVERTED INTERROBANG (⸘) encoding. I do not think "planned widespread
    future use" was ever credible ‽