Re: Greek letter "LAMDA"?

From: Werner LEMBERG (wl@gnu.org)
Date: Thu Jun 03 2010 - 00:20:08 CDT

  • Next message: William_J_G Overington: "Re: Preparing a proposal for encoding a portable interpretable object code into Unicode (from Re: IUC 34 - call for participation open until May 26)"

    >> I expect that even this explanation will not satisfy those who
    >> think that oddities like this should not exist in character names.
    >> But that is just the nature of the historical development of big
    >> standards like the Unicode Standard when you have to deal with very
    >> many opinions expressed by very many parties and develop consensus
    >> in standards committees. You inevitably end up with historical
    >> oddities.
    >
    > Which is to say, every character has a story, [...]

    Are such `stories' collected somewhere? I wish a long life to all the
    core members of Unicode, but just imagine that Ken is no longer
    responsive...

        Werner