Re: Hexadecimal digits

From: Mark Davis ☕ (mark@macchiato.com)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2010 - 14:51:15 CDT

    We don't add nonce characters to the standard just because someone thinks
    they'd be a good idea; there needs to be established usage by a substantial
    user community. We established a huge range (over 100,000 characters) for
    private use. You (or William Overington, for example) are free to define a
    range within that area for your specific use. If there develops
    a substantial user community for the new characters, you could then create a
    proposal for adding them to the Unicode Standard.

    So I suggest that you spend your efforts on building such a community if you
    want to move this forward; more emails to this list will not accomplish
    anything.

    Mark

    — Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —