Re: Overloading Unicode

From: Doug Ewell (doug@ewellic.org)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2010 - 11:35:04 CDT

    "SS" <sisrivas at blueyonder dot co dot uk> wrote:

    > To the point, There are usage samples, there were/are
    > publications/magazines even run by the then leader of the current
    > chief minister of Tamil Nadu state.
    >
    > There are usage samples. Widespread!, this will be done eventually as
    > with other rollbacks of the past, in a controlled manner.

    Is this something that is proposed for the future, or it something that
    has already been adopted now or is scheduled for adoption by a
    siginificant proportion of Tamil speakers? Can I find out about it in
    newspapers or periodicals, or Internet locations, other than those
    controlled by the group(s) promoting the reform?

    Note that the question is not "Is this a desirable reform?" nor "Will
    this reform make the Tamil language easier to read and write?"

    --
    Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
    RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­