Re: Hexadecimal digits

From: John W Kennedy (jwkenne@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2010 - 15:10:46 CDT

    On Jun 8, 2010, at 4:20 PM, Robert Abel wrote:
    > So I don't think that we _could do without_ those characters having different code points today. Even back then it must have seemed like a hack to type a lowercase L instead of a 1.

    It did, young feller, it did, by cracky! And, as a matter of fact, electric typewriters had a slightly different keyboard, one including proper 1, 0, and ! keys.

    --
    John W Kennedy
    "The bright critics assembled in this volume will doubtless show, in their sophisticated and ingenious new ways, that, just as /Pooh/ is suffused with humanism, our humanism itself, at this late date, has become full of /Pooh./"