Re: Indian Rupee Sign to be chosen today

From: Tulasi (tulasird@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2010 - 17:09:16 CDT

    Were there any from this group took part in the competition?

    > http://www.pluggd.in/indian-rupee-symbol-297/
    > I don't know if this is a joke or not, but none of those five is any good.

    Exactly!

    > Just so they don't choose one of the ones that look dangerously like "Rx" signs.

    All looks close to sort of handwritten "Rx"
    But what does "Rx" means?

    Tulasi

    From: John W Kennedy <jwkenne@attglobal.net>
    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:13:14 -0400
    Subject: Re: Indian Rupee Sign to be chosen today
    To: Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com>
    Cc: unicode Unicode Discussion <unicode@unicode.org>

    On Jun 24, 2010, at 2:07 PM, Michael Everson wrote:
    > http://www.pluggd.in/indian-rupee-symbol-297/
    >
    > I don't know if this is a joke or not, but none of those five is any good.

    It's no joke; even I, a Yank with no connections on the subcontinent,
    have been aware of the competition for some time.

    --
    John W Kennedy
    "The bright critics assembled in this volume will doubtless show, in