Re: long s (was: Draft Proposal to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters)

From: André Szabolcs Szelp (a.sz.szelp@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2010 - 01:33:37 CDT

  • Next message: André Szabolcs Szelp: "Re: Dialects and orthographies in BCP 47 (was: Re: Draft ProposalDA to add Variation Sequences for Latin and Cyrillic letters)"

    For the "standard form" you probably don't need to add a variation selector.
    The codepoint for long s itself expresses exactly the semantic to represent
    this character as long s in ANY type style.

    While I'm not convinced of your variation proposal at all (on the contrary),
    if you write it, write it properly. :-)

    /Sz

    --
    Szelp, André Szabolcs