Re: Samogitian E with dot above and macron

From: Andrew Cunningham (lang.support@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2010 - 16:12:53 CDT

    On 26 October 2010 20:59, Andreas Stötzner <as@signographie.de> wrote:

    > Dear Andrew Cunningham,
    > Gentlemen,
    >
    > You may consider to recommend fonts not only of the usual suspect’s range
    > of free and system fonts. There are high-quality professional fonts on the
    > market deserving recommendation as well. Since they are likely to offer more
    > appeal and language support than others.
    > Therefor I allow myself to propose an addition to your fonts list:
    > [[
    > http://www.signographie.de/cms/front_content.php?idart=215&changelang=2|Androne: Samogitian E with dot above and macron
    > ]]
    > It would be very kind if you add this to your recommendations.

    I have no objections to high quality commercial fonts and if i had the
    available money I'd have one custom made to meet the needs of some
    publications I want to type set.

    It is difficult to obtain sufficient information about commercial fonts and
    the open type features they support, and the glyph variants and language
    systems they support without actually testing them first hand.

    For instance when i work on Yolngu languages I have different glyph
    requirements than with Southern Sudanese languages. With the current state
    of web technologies, this requires different fonts.

    Andrew

    --
    Andrew Cunningham
    Senior Project Manager, Research and Development