Re: combining: half, double, triple et cetera ad infinitum

From: satai <satai_at_akauri.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 18:57:13 +0400

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Karl Pentzlin <karl-pentzlin_at_acssoft.de> wrote:
> If you want РКГ with a tilde applied (as substitute for the
> not-yet-encoded multiple titlo), the character sequence is:
> U+FE22 COMBINING DOUBLE TILDE LEFT HALF
> U+FE26 COMBINING CONJOINING MACRON
> U+FE23 COMBINING DOUBLE TILDE RIGHT HALF

I do not see it in N4078, did I miss something? As I can see N4078
defines sequences (U+FE20,U+FE26,U+FE21), (U+FE27,U+FE2B,U+FE28),
(U+FE29,U+FE2B,U+FE2A). Is (U+FE22,U+FE26,U+FE23) implicitly
introduced? If yes, it is worth to explain U+FE26 usage directly.

> While some of the characters in the "Combining Half Marks" block in
> fact are encoded due to Coptic evidence, there is no restriction to
> use them in other contexts.

Just out of curiosity: why to use "Coptic" in group name then? (Maybe
it is worth to use script-specific wording in appropriate blocks?)

On your remark, it is not completely correct. In numbers most often
either each letter has its own titlo or two letters share the single
titlo (maybe you remember exactly this case, but characters sequence
will be letter+titlo+letter). But there are cases when we have single
titlo over several (> 2) letters.

Best regards,
Alex.