Re: Klingon on Unicode site?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 19:27:30 +0300

2012-04-03 19:03, Shawn Steele wrote:

> I was amused to see Klingon on the
> http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.1.0/ page ;-)
>
> Yes, I realize it’s primarily me and maybe a few other geeks, but I
> still smiled.

On the other hand, it sets a bad example: an illogical mix of language,
with all the rest in English, including the label “Last updated:”. It
would not be that serious if it were not so common: unlocalized content
(or content localized server-side) and content localized client-side.

If the visible display of the value of the Last-Modified header (which
may or may not reflect the actual last modification time) is regarded as
useful, it should of course be in the same language as the rest of the
page. And if it contains a time of the day part, it should indicate the
time zone.

Yucca