Re: SV: Klingon on Unicode site?

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:20:12 -0700

On 4/4/2012 2:01 PM, Philippe Verdy wrote:

> .. there are good reasons why a date displayed in a page could
> be formatted differently from other dates in the same page, when they
> are in fact part of different contents each one using its language.
> Multilingual pages are frequent, and this is why we can tag each part
> of the displayed content with its language tag, independantly of the
> default site language, or the user preferred locale parameters.

On the Unicode site, these "good reasons" are mainly absent. There's
nothing that marks this particular content as being ipso facto different
than any other content on the page.

The only few pages where the Unicode site is multilingual include the
"what is Unicode" translation pages. On those pages, one could make an
argument for setting keeping that date in English, because it's tightly
coupled in the design of the page to the copyright statement, which is
not translated.

A./