Kaktovik Inupiaq numerals

From: David Starner <prosfilaes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:32:09 -0700

I don't see these on the list of proposed scripts or on the roadmap,
but Wikipedia*, citing a newsletter of the Alaska Rural Systemic
Initiative**, that there is now a Inupaiq numeral system supporting a
vigesimal counting system. The proposal seems trivial, except for the
minor problem of establishing sufficient use to justify encoding. I
propose columns 1C8x and 1C9x for encoding; if they have seen use, it
certainly has been modern. I suppose it's more likely to get sent to
the SMP, if it does get encoded.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inuit_numerals
** http://www.ankn.uaf.edu/SOP/SOPv2i1.html

--