Re: U+2018 is not RIGHT HIGH 6

From: Michael Probst <michael.probst03_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:53:00 +0200

Am Freitag, den 27.04.2012, 11:11 +0100 schrieb Michael Everson:
> I think this is a question of font design, not of character encoding.

So it is the intention of unicode to only allow completely neutral
(upright) quotation marks or require different fonts for say English and
German?

As I explain in the document there is a greater difference between U
+2018 and U+201C, and unencoded RIGHT versions thereof than between U
+201C and the variant U+201F. The latter one being a mere design variant
and of only the "LEFT-use" of U+201C which makes it even clearer that
"LEFT" is not "RIGHT".

I might still be missing something, perhaps you could explain your
thinking, preferably with reference to statements in my explanation of
the issue?

Michael