Re: Rendering Raised FULL STOP between Digits

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:49:24 -0700

On 3/22/2013 6:17 PM, Richard Wordingham wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:01:14 -0700
> Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> That's a claim for which the evidence isn't yet solid and if it could
>> be made solid would make that claim very interesting.

Distinguishing the character codes will fail trivially. The question is
whether analysis or processing of the text will "fail spectacularly".
The latter is the true test of whether the unification is "broken".

I, like many others on the various lists would like to see a conisely
argued and well documented case made for or against this, using
real-world examples.

A./

PS: If you quote selectively my text doesn't make any sense. At this
point in the message you dropped Karl's reply which is what I am
referring to next:
>> However, even if standard canonical decompositions can be mistaken,
>> tunneling isn't really a fool-proof answer, because it assumes that
>> data didn't get normalized en route.
> Isn't that the key part of what I said above?

No it isn't, and even if it was, I was not replying to your words here.

A./