RE: writing in an alphabet with fewer letters: letter replacements

From: Erkki I Kolehmainen <eik_at_iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 12:31:55 +0300

The fallback for ETH (ð,Ð) is normally d,D and the fallback for THORN (þ,Þ) is normally th,Th.

I’m not aware of any authoritative source for all of the fallbacks. Several years ago there was a CEN project trying to define the European fallbacks, but the project team could not deliver something generally acceptable.

Regards, Erkki