Re: Case for letters j and J with acute

From: Kent Karlsson <kent.karlsson14_at_telia.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 22:34:03 +0100

Den 2016-02-09 16:58, skrev "Michael Everson" <everson_at_evertype.com>:

> Well, the specification should be í (or i + combining acute) + j +
> combining acute. Neither dotless i nor dotless j would be correct.

While true, using the latter (the dotless ones) tend to render better
than the dotted ones. (I.e., the Soft_dotted property is still not
well supported.)

> Or IJ (or ij) + combining double acute.

While I agree that that maybe SHOULD be fine, the ij character has not
been given the Soft_dotted property. Although, as a different matter,
using the ij character tends to make automatic case mapping work better
for the ij in Dutch...

/Kent K