Re: Unicode Operating Systems

From: Erik van der Poel (erik@netscape.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 11:58:48 EDT

OMG (Object Management Group) recently extended IDL (Interface
Definition Language) to include wchar (wide char) and wstring (wide
string). Apparently, you can (or must) use Unicode in them, probably in
big-endian order. It is probably difficult to use Unicode in their
"string" type, since implementations typically look for a null
terminator (zero byte).

Erik