Re: UTF-8 in Netscape

From: Tony Harminc (tzha0@toraag.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 01:51:50 EDT

On 16 Jul 97 at 19:19, David Goldsmith wrote:

> >> There are still lots of 7-bit mail systems out there.
> >
> >Where? I haven't seen one for many months, and they disappear rather
> >quickly these days ...
>
> BITNET is still around, last I heard.

Bitnet has been 8-bit since day one. Now there may well be
translation problems between "ASCII" and "EBCDIC", but there is no
restriction on byte values in RSCS file transfer. Bitnet mail can
contain embedded zeroes, CRs, LFs, and so on - unlike certain other
popular mail transfer schemes.

Tony Harminc