Re: UTF-8 in Netscape

From: Mark Davis (mark_davis@taligent.com)
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 11:57:41 EDT

Right now, they offer are two options: UTF-8 and UTF-7 (among the many
other codesets!). However, even if you request UTF-8, they automatically
output UTF-7 instead behind your back.

I think what he was referring to is fixing it so that UTF-8 meant UTF-8
(leaving UTF-7 as is).

BTW, I put a sample web page containing most Unicode characters in UTF-8
on http://people.taligent.com/~davis/UTC/UTF8Sample.html. Communicator
handles it quite nicely (though I have to pick between either Cyberbit
or Lucida to get different sets of characters visible). Haven't tried IE
yet.

Mark