Re: support in browsers for fonts

From: Gary Grosso (gpg@arbortext.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 11:25:21 EDT

Question mostly for Markus:
I tried following the instructions for viewing the etl font with xfd, but
got only one "page". That is, the "Next page" button in xfd was disabled.
Is this only the first 256 characters of Unicode, or am I doing something
wrong? (I have no problem viewing multi-page fonts such as jis, ksc, etc.)

Question for anyone:
I am working on a product that uses Unicode internally, but reads/writes in
"system character set". It might occasionally be handy to have a Unicode
text viewing capability just for debugging purposes. What is the
simplest/easiest method of doing this? I sit at a UNIX machine, but could
hop over to a PC.

Thanks,

Gary Grosso
ArborText, Inc.