Re: IPA and Unicode

From: John Cowan (cowan@locke.ccil.org)
Date: Thu Sep 17 1998 - 15:13:37 EDT

Richard Cook wrote:

> Since I do not have handy access to a copy of the Unicode Standard, I am
> somewhat hampered in making the comparisons myself.

You can see the IPA Extensions glyphs on the Web at
http://charts.unicode.org/Unicode.charts/normal/U0250.html . Some
IPA characters are found in the following two blocks, Spacing
Modifier Characters and Combining Diacritical Marks.

> Is the Standard available in book stores? in electronic form,
> on CD?

Yes; I've seen it in technical bookstores. The whole Standard is not
on the CD-ROM; in particular, it has no pictures.