HIGH OGONEK in IR-158 (Skolt Sami)

From: Markus Kuhn (Markus.Kuhn@cl.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 22 1998 - 09:14:45 EDT

I have just tried to write a Unicode mapping for the ISO Registry character
set IR-158 (Skolt Sami), because some people want to have this in the
MES standard.

IR-158 contains at position 3/0 the character HIGH OGONEK, which looks
exactly like what the name suggests, it is an OGONEK (U+02db) that
is not position below but above the normal character area.

Does Unicode/UCS have some equivalent of the IR-158 HIGH OGONEK
character in the queue? I couldn't find anything in Unicode 2.1.

Just trying to complete my mapping table ...

Markus

--
Markus G. Kuhn, Security Group, Computer Lab, Cambridge University, UK
email: mkuhn at acm.org,  home page: <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/>