Devanagari

From: Thomas Mack (mack@ips.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 11:29:25 EST

In the codes from U+0900 to U+0970 I found all the devanagari letters.
Unfortunately, I did not find the ligatures(? = compound letters) for
this script. So maybe approximately 60 compound letters are missing -
and therefore make Unicode in regard to Devanagari pretty useless (do
you know ANY devanagari text not using compound letters?).

Is it really this way that the devanagari compound letters are missing
here or did "I" miss something substantial? Do I have to define some
"characters in a user definable area" (or what was it called?) just to
use the script?

I hope anybody knows more about this,

Thanks,

Thomas Mack
TU Braunschweig, Abt. Informationssysteme