Re: Off topic: Italian dialects (was RE: Unicode 3.0 press statem ents

From: Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 07:00:32 EST

I wrote:
> Could anyone suggest a more appropriate mailing list for chatting about
> linguistic curiosities? I think that many people on the list, me included,
> would love it.

Thank you for the suggestions. I also found this place, that seems
promising:

        http://igc.topica.com/dir/?cid=205

But of course, as Rick McGowan suggested, a few linguistics may be
appropriate also in this list, when it contributes to understanding writing
systems or encoding issues.

 <<Re: Off topic: Italian dialects (was RE: Unicode 3.0 press statements>>
<<Re: Off topic: Italian dialects (was RE: Unicode 3.0 press statements>>
<<Re: Off topic: Italian dialects (was RE: Unicode 3.0 press statements>>

attached mail follows:

Marco,

So are you looking for an English-language list which discusses Italian
dialects?

I don't know of one, offhand. You could try the LINGUIST list. I'm on 2
lists
which discuss English dialects; very occasionally, other language issues
creep
in, but only as they affect English.

Ciao,
Andrea

--
Andrea Vine, avine@eng.sun.com, Sun-Netscape Alliance i18n architect
"So I just don't see this as an either-or issue as much as an apples

attached mail follows:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 Marco.Cimarosti@icl.com wrote:

   Hi,

> Could anyone suggest a more appropriate mailing list for chatting about
> linguistic curiosities? I think that many people on the list, me included,
> would love it.

   I don't know of any mailing list, but Usenet newsgroup sci.lang
seems to be the best for lingustic curiosities.

    Cheers,

         Jungshik Shin

attached mail follows:

> Could anyone suggest a more appropriate mailing list for chatting about
> linguistic curiosities? I think that many people on the list, me included,
> would love it.

I niusgruppi sci.lang e it.cultura.linguistica.italiano dovrebbero essere
quello che cerchi.

Zaijian,
  Pierpaolo