Re: AppleWorks and ATSUI

From: Deborah Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 15:31:54 EST

on 1/26/2000 10:35 PM, Franko <franko@omnibus.se> wrote:

> Vicious indeed! What I cannot understand is why Apple has no application
> making use of their own technology. I mean application, not a system
> extension. At least something like SimpleText or TeachText.

We attempted to have an application ready in OS 9.0. It was not ready in
time. We have limited resources, and it simply wasn't ready to go in time
(though it helped us make MLTE a lot better).

As I said in my earlier message, look for a demo application in the next
preview release of OS X. Look for shipping versions in future releases.

We are also doing all we can to bring our technologies back to earlier OS
releases via CarbonLib. Doing this for ATSUI requires a great deal of work.
Again, we have limited resources. It has nothing to do with wanting to force
people to upgrade.

Deborah Goldsmith
Manager, International Toolbox Group
Apple Computer, Inc.