Re: AppleWorks and ATSUI

From: Deborah Goldsmith (goldsmith@apple.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 15:36:54 EST

on 1/26/2000 11:04 PM, Yung-Fong Tang <ftang@netscape.com> wrote:

> That is really my question- which Apple application use ATSUI, TSM 1.5 or
> MLTE.

Shipping right now, MRJ and Kotoeri, our Japanese input method. Both of
these are key Apple technologies. In the future, many key Apple technologies
will be using ATSUI and MLTE. I can't discuss these here. Apple is heavily
committed to this technology. If you choose to be skeptical about what I am
saying, there is nothing I can do about that. Time will bear it out.

> They don't even
> have a good migration story for TSM 1.0 application to TSM 1.5 application. I
> mean they said what need to be done, without giving enough sampel for the code
> migration or co-exist (support binary which can run both on TSM 1.0 and 1.5)

Can you be more specific about what information you need? Perhaps private
e-mail would be best as I doubt most people here are interested.

Deborah Goldsmith
Manager, International Toolbox Group
Apple Computer, Inc.
goldsmith@apple.com