Re: Tamil glyphs

From: Rick McGowan (rmcgowan@apple.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 18:35:02 EDT

 "Michael (michka) Kaplan" <michka@trigeminal.com> wrote:

> Actually, Apurva just did explain it.... and since she comes from a
> typography background she did explain how the whole problem can be handled
> via fonts. :-)

Yes, thanks. I saw the explanation after...

> However, it cannot currently be handled by Unicode. You must choose the
> proper font to display NNA AI, NNNA AI, LA AI, or LLA AI. The Monotype font
> and Latha in Windows 2000 are the way that my client got both display types.

I suppose if you just want to display the non-ligature type thing in a situation where the font wants to give you the ligature type thing, you might be able to use a ZWNJ or ZWNBSP between the chars. Does that work on the system in question (i.e., the system used by Erik Lindberg)?

        Rick